Are you planning an exciting adventure to a new destination and considering booking a trip through a tour guide? While the idea of a guided tour can offer benefits, I’m beggggging you to make informed decisions to ensure your trip goes smoothly. I booked my trip to Peru using guide Guru Explorers and had a phenomenal time. To help you prepare for your next travel experience, I’ve compiled a list of seven essential questions to ask your tour guide before making a booking.
- Exact Price Breakdown: Before committing to a tour, ask your guide for an itemized breakdown of prices for each activity and transportation included in the package. This information is essential for understanding where your money is going and allows you to manage your budget more effectively. It’s always a good practice to know the details of what you’re paying for.
- Private or Group Tours: Determine whether the tours are private or group experiences. Private tours can be more personalized but often come with a higher price tag. Your guide may initially recommend the most expensive option, so it’s important to inquire about group tour alternatives. This way, you can choose the option that best suits your preferences and budget.
- Activity Timings: To plan your day effectively, ask your tour guide for the start and end times of each activity. Having a clear schedule will help you make the most of your time at each destination and ensure you don’t miss out on anything. It also let’s you know how tiresome the tour will be. I accidentally booked a tour that started at 4 am. Mistake!
- Inclusions: Don’t be caught off guard by hidden costs. Ask your tour guide about what is included with each tour. Some tours may seem incredibly affordable, but that could be because they exclude essential elements such as entry fees, meals, or transportation from your hotel.
- Dress Code and Cultural Norms: Different destinations have varying dress codes and cultural norms. It’s important to know how to dress appropriately for each tour. For instance, if you plan to visit a temple, you may need to have your arms and legs covered. By asking about dress code requirements, you can avoid unexpected expenses like purchasing additional clothing upon arrival.
- Tour Guide’s Involvement: Clarify whether your tour guide will be the person accompanying you throughout the trip or if they subcontract tours to other companies.
- Cancellation and Refund Policies: Life can be unpredictable, and you may need to make changes to your itinerary after your trip has started. Ask about the tour company’s cancellation and refund policies. Knowing the terms and conditions for modifying your plans can help you make decisions with confidence.
By asking these seven essential questions, you’ll be better prepared to choose the right tour guide for your travel adventure. Ask allll the questions you need to make sure you feel fully equipped to take on the trip. Safe travels! ✈️🌍